In our everyday lives, we strive to be clean in everything we do. We clean our houses, clothes, cars and many more things that may have dirt. We even go to help those that cannot do it themselves. We like making things as easy as possible. Washing a car with a pipe is one of the easiest ways to do so but there is another way we could do it. This is with the help of a pressure washer. Pressure washers are great tools that can be used to clean outdoor items and offer far more power than the hoses. There are so many pressure washers that have been created and this article will help you on choosing the best pressure washer for your needs.
What is a best electric pressure washer?
There are some people who may not know what a pressure is. This is a device that uses a mechanical sprayer at high pressure with the intention of cleaning surfaces. This may include removing mud, mold, dust loose paint or grime from the surfaces of the affected areas in buildings, concrete surfaces or cars. This is just like the hose pipe but now just mechanically innovated to get the job done faster, easier and better.
Types and styles of pressure washers
There are three types and styles of pressure washers that are available at any one time. One of them is based on what powers the pressure washer to function, and the other is the kind of water they dispense.
There are three types of pressure washers
- Light duty pressure washer that provide pressure up to 1700 psi for delicate surfaces
- Medium duty pressure washers. Provide pressure within the range of 1700 and 2800 psi. Used to clean concrete and other harder surfaces.
- Heavy duty pressure washers. Provide pressure above 2800 psi and used for more powerful jobs such as removing stains on concrete and washing the barns, stables etc.
Electric pressure washer
- If you want to find answer of your question: How to select the best electric pressure washer, then here is the best electric pressure cleaner you can use. This is a light duty model that is suitable for small cleaning projects. The benefit of this kind of pressure washer is that they are quieter, light in weight and easy to use when cleaning.
- Most best electric pressure washer manufacturers normally instruct you to plug it in directly to the power source without using an extension. Take this into consideration and follow the guidelines manufacturers place in the tool box to plug in.
Gas pressure washer
- The other type of pressure washer is the gas pressure washer. This pressure washer normally ranges from medium to heavy duty models. They definitely have more power thus take on the bigger cleaning projects.
- The benefit of the gas-powered pressure washer is that it offers you more mobility when cleaning since you will not require being near a power outlet and they have a manual starter mostly. Consider using it in a properly ventilated place as the gas emitted can be harmful.
Hot and cold pressure washer
- Hot and cold pressure washers are the third style. One pressure washer emits hot water. This kind of pressure washer is highly preferred as it cleans faster and more thoroughly, and uses less soap when sanitizing and degreasing which makes it ideal for farm and industrial use.
- The cold pressure washers are not complicated as the hot water washers. They are easy to move from one place to another and mostly used where hot water would not be necessary be required when cleaning the car and corridors.
Four best pressure washer reviews
There are many pressure washers that have been created by different manufacturers. Below is a list of the four pressure washers that are available for sale. We have split then in two electric pressure washers and two gas pressure washers.
AR Blue Clean AR383
This electric pressure washer is used with cold water with pressure up to 1900 psi. It is made of copper aluminum and plastic making it light to transport and store. It is fully equipped with a gun, high pressure hose, adjustable jet hose and also a foam dispenser.
It is a two-wheel trolley and has an automatic safety valve that has a pressure shut off head. It Total Stop System automatically starts and stops the pressure washer. It has a volume of 1.5 GPM and an electric motor of 120 volts, 60 HZ and 11 amps.
Karcher K 5.540 X-Series
This is one of the Karcher 5 series line and is an electric pressure washer built for durability and home use. The innovative and patented induction motor that provides cold water provides better performance as it generates a whopping 2000psi, forty times higher pressure than any of the typical garden hoses.
It also has additional features; the DirtBlaster spray wand which increases the effective pressure by half for tough jobs, and a Vario Power Spray lance that can adjust the pressure in less intense cleaning. It has a quick system to connect and start or stop for efficient and safety purposes. It also includes an onboard detergent container to provide detergents for easy washing.
Generac 6022/5989 Gas Powered Residential
This is a gas powered and portable pressure washer that is ideal for home use as it delivers pressure of up to 2700psi and 2.3 GPM. It is powered with the help of an overhead valve, horizontal-shaft Generac engine. The good thing with this pressure washer is that the pump is more accessible making it easier to make the hose connections.
It has a cushion grip that minimizes the vibration, has an easy-to-pull trigger that can be held with minimum effort when spraying, and the nozzles are easy to replace. It also has an automatic low-oil shutdown system which helps sustain the life of the engine. It has a two-year warranty.
Simpson PS3228-S PowerShot Gas Powered
The Simpson PowerShot was perfectly designed to meet the requires of a cleaning pro as it is powerful and at the same time, very compact making it easy to store, set up and also load. It is equipped with a Honda OHV engine for optimal performance and AAA industrial plunger pumps which have a PowerBoost technology for higher pressure. It is appropriate for cleaning decks, graffiti removal, paint preparation and wood restoration among other cleaning functions.
Pressure washer nozzles
The pressure washer is just big and bulky and is used to just pack a lot of water in the wand. For it to function effectively, it will require the high pressure tips, also called nozzle. The nozzles have a single setting and each is different from the other. Therefore, depending on the type of pressure and spray pattern that you require, you will have to choose from the five pressure washer nozzles available. Below are the five different nozzles and their applications.
1. Red nozzle:
This produces a zero-degree nozzle that produces a pattern similar to a pencil point. It produces water with the highest impact Pressure washer nozzles as it concentrates the delivered pressure at a smaller area. This is not the appropriate nozzle to use when you are covering a large area of cleaning and in fragile and wood areas as it will damage them.
However, it is the best if your aim is to remove something such as mud in a car, mold in building, grass on sidewalks, stain in steel and aluminum etc.
2. Yellow nozzle:
This nozzle creates a 15 degree water spray fan pattern, thus acquiring the name chiseling nozzles. If you hold it at a 45 degree angle, you could use it as a scraper for removing loose paint or mildew. It can also be used to break a bond when harder than normal. This is the most used in heavy duty tasks.
3. Green nozzle:
This nozzle develops a 25 degree pattern when spraying and is the best to pressure wash a house through cleaning furniture, walkways, deck and brick patios. You can also use it to sweep away leaves and debris from a flat surface as it provides the best amount of pressure to just dust away. This kind of pressure washer nozzle has the highest number of uses as its pressure and fan degree have the best impact to clean.
4. White nozzle:
This nozzle provides a forty degree spray radius. This widespread radius reduces the impact pressure of the water thus making it the best for rinsing and washing delicate surfaces. This can be applied when washing the house windows or even washing cars as the wide pattern will allow it to cover a larger area. It can also be used in wooden decks.
5. Black nozzle:
The black nozzle presents a 65 degree spray pattern. Due to its low pressure, this does not make it ideal for cleaning. However, it is highly used in downstream chemical injectors. This means that the chemical is only provided after the water leaves the pump which in turn helps to avoid chemicals to damage the pump.
All the above nozzles are used with the best pressure washers. It is advised for you to first consider the kind of job that you intend to use with your pressure washer. Each nozzle is best for a specific function. Therefore, before you even set out for shopping, you should have a clear idea. If the kind of job has different uses, you can decide to buy different nozzles and interchange at the appropriate time.
Pressure Washer Features
A pressure washer is capable of removing dirt, grime and grease from the surface. Its other features are:
- Engine or electric motor: Normally, pressure washers are powered by electric or motor that provides energy to pump so that it can operate and start working as per requirements.
- Pump: It is an important component of a pressure washer that pushes and speeds up the flow of water throughout the equipment. It helps water to travel through nozzles and hose without causing any sort of damage.
- High pressure hose: It is another essential part of a pressure washer that simplifies the task of users and will allow them to comfortably transform it in the way they want.
Important terms you should know
- Pounds per square inch (PSI): This unit is used to measure the force of water when it hits the surface. The higher the PSI, the greater will be your efficiency to remove dirt.
- Gallons per minute (GPM): It is used to calculate amount of water that flows from nozzles every minute. The higher the GPM, greater will be your chances to complete required job at a certain PSI.
Benefits of pressure washers
- They are easy to use and function as the many variations of nozzles provide more usage.
- The electric pressure washers are quiet and ideal for home use
- The gas pressure washer are very powerful and can withstand heavy cleaning projects
- They are easy to transport and store as they are compact.
In the end, if you are thinking to purchase a pressure washer, then you should better understand how it works along he types of services you want from it. This way, you can effectively decide on the style, design, pump and power supply requirements. This will keep you on the right direction and you will definitely end up with a perfect piece that will best compliment your requirements and will help you to maintain good condition within the place.