Locating the best pressure washer for you can be a daunting task. But, it is easily solved.
It is very important to know as much information as possible about the many different types of power washers that are available, and believe me there are a lost of different types, models, and makes that are capable of doing a wider variety of cleaning tasks. With all of the variety in makes and models it can be very confusing and if you don’t do your research and “know before you go” you might be very unhappy with the purchase that you ultimately make.
While electric power washers seem to come to mind most frequently, some of the best pressure washer are gas powered. Another option to consider is that some of the best pressure washer units run on cold water and rely heavily on the pounds of pressure per square inch that they are capable of achieving rather than running hot water which can damage different types of surfaces. You need to have the information necessary to decide which application is the most appropriate for you needs and surfaces.
5 Easy Steps To Detertermine The Best Pressure Washer For You
- The first thing you need to do is determine what tasks you need to accomplish with your pressure washer. Will you be doing light cleaning tasks such as removing dirt and siding, washing your car, hosing down outdoor furniture or heavier tasks such as stain removal or paint stripping. A primary decision is also to go with gas or electric power.
- Figure out the type of water pressure your typical job will need. Water pressure is rated in pounds per square inch, commonly abbreviated to PSI. The higher the PSI number, the stronger the pressure and the greater the capability of the power washer:
- Light Duty, under 2,000 PSI – Cars, Atvs, boats, lawn furniture, walkways, patios or decks.
- Medium duty 1800 to 3,000 PSI – Grime, mildew grease removal from buildings and concrete.
- Heavy Duty 3000 PSI and up – Concrete stains, stripping paint, oil stains.
- GPM, or gallons per minute is the measure of flow rate your pressure washer has. GPM for standard pressure washers usually fall between two and four, the higher the number, the greater the rate of water flow, as well as the larger surface area that can be cleaned in the same amount of time.
- Do some smart shopping. The Internet is a wonderful place to compare prices for various pressure washers. It is simple to compare specifications and prices. It may be wise to do your research they are put to buy from a local retailer. Machines bought on the Internet are almost always subject to shipping fee and may not have maintenance or service readily available for your particular brand of cleaner.
- Make sure you remember the accessories. You may want to consider an extension for us, a pressure washer surface cleaner, various extension wands and pressure nozzles. There are also accessories to increase the versatility of your pressure washer, such as a water broom, detergent injector, rotating power brushes, and mold and mildew stain remover additives.
With the world wide web you can sit in the comfort of your own home and do all of the research necessary to help you make the best purchase for your needs. Pressure washers such as the excell and the husky are very popular choice amongst home owners and you can find a lot of information at http://pressurewasherjudges.com/
What ever your needs, or wants be smart and do some extensive research before you run out and purchase the washing unit of your dreams.