Hi. My name is Andrew D. Roper and I’m a semi-retired painting contractor with 31 years of experience using all types of pressure washers and paint sprayers. The purpose of this site is to provide you with real-life, honest reviews for some of the best selling and best priced pressure washers on the market today. Whenever possible, I’ve selected machines that are available at a discounted price with free shipping that I can also recommend. I hope this site helps you in finding a good power washer at the best possible price. Thanks for stopping by!
Who we Are and Why We Can Help
Here at https://pressurewasherjudges.com/ we pride ourselves on providing quality advice to help consumers make the right choice when selecting their pressure washer. We understand that everyone is different, everyone’s needs are different and there is not one product that will be an ideal fit for all customers. Technically speaking, we are trained mechanical engineers with significant industry experience and this is a significant advantage when analysing the differences between products. As a mechanical engineer you study moving components and within industry this generally means finding solutions to problems. Whether its reliability of components or machines, maintenance efficiency, re-designing for optimum performance or improving interactions with the machine a mechanical engineer is well placed to assist.
We know what its like to be disappointed with a product, don’t let yourself become another statistic and buy a product without research!
The Mechanics of a Pressure Washer
Moving parts wear out, components that wear out require replacement, replacement costs money – Its that simple. So… you want a product that is going to last, perform reliably and be cost effective.
What Do You Need to Know (In a nutshell)?
- All pressure washers have a pump
- The quality of the pump will define the lifetime of the pressure cleaner
- The size of the pump will define the flow rate and pressure (PSI)
- Gas pressure washershave a motor
- Requires Oil, check for a low oil auto shut off
- Requires Fuel, look for an efficient motor
- Requires maintenance, read some reviews!
- Electric pressure washerhave an electric motor
- Requires a power point (outlet)
- Look for models with a decent length power cord
- A long hose is advantageous
- A detergent tanks is very handy
- Good quality wheels will save you time and frustration
What is Mechanical Engineering – Why is it Relevant?
Mechanical engineering is the study of moving parts, their strength, function, longevity, safety and more… So why is this important? Its important because a pressure washer has plenty of moving parts and plenty of different materials and getting the right mixture of quality and functionality is the key to a happy purchase.
What moves in a pressure washer?
Electric motor, pump
- The motor shaft rotates with power from the electric motor, powered by magnetic force and alternating current
- As an engineer, the best motors have minimal friction, dont get too hot (good clearance and design), have more ‘poles’ and quality wiring / windings
Wheels for portability
- Quality wheels mean thepressure washer will move with ease and not annoy you, good bearings or bush design makes a difference, as does durable wheel materials
- From an engineering perspective, ball bearings are susceptible to moisture ingress, poor maintenance and damage from knocks. bushings are more likely to last with minimum friction from the correct material selection and clearance
- Wheels should be easy to clean and very hard, inflatable are best for heavy pressure washers
Hose and cord
- These wear over time, they need to be flexible and they need to be easy to wind up and pack away
- A good hose is thick in diameter and made from a low friction, highly resistant material
- Similarly a good cord has a thick coating
- For both the cord and the hose they need to be flexible enough to wind up easily and not get tangled, for this the minimum radius is important and is a double edged sword with coating thickness, the thicker the coating the larger the loop radius and so forth.
If you have any questions or queries about specific models or brands and their features, please get in touch via our contact us page and we will happily answer any questions…