When your regular garden hose doesn’t work as it is supposed to, consider getting a pressure washer for your outdoor cleaning projects that promises to deliver high power cleaning. Nothing works more effectively than a best pressure washer when it comes to heavy duty outdoor cleaning projects.
You can use a good quality pressure washer to clean exterior surfaces such as facade, sidewalks and driveways. You can also use the powerful stream of pressure washer to strip off peeling paint from the house or deck prior to re-sealing or re-painting. If you’re planning to buy a new one, here are some considerations that you must keep in mind.
Things to Consider When Finding Best Pressure Washer
Most pressure washers work in the same manner as an electric motor powers a pump to increase the pressure on water fed by the garden hose. The pressurized water is delivered through the garden hose and released through wand. Therefore, the pump is one of the most important elements of the pressure washer. So, if you plan to use it too frequently, it is advised to buy a heavy-duty model to ensure years of quality performance.
Cleaning power is measured in PSI (Pound per square inch) and GPM (Gallons per minute) ratings. Both the concepts are important. Make sure you consider buying a pressure washer that delivers good PSI levels that is required to clean regularly used items or surfaces.
In order to determine the cleaning power of the washer you should buy, multiply the PSI with GPM. The result will help you compare models so you can make the right choice. Here are the recommended you must look for:
- 2500 PSI is appropriate for cleaning vehicles and similar applications.
- 2700 PSI is best suitable for cleaning decks and wood surfaces.
- 3000 PSI is recommended for effectively cleaning concrete and masonry surfaces.
- 4000 PSI is recommended by professionals to clean graffiti and persistent grime.
Features and Options
Before you buy the best pressure washer, you must determine the consistency of using it. What are the type of projects you will be performing with the equipment? The answer to this question will help you determine the right size and strength of the washer. Here are some other considerations that you must keep in mind in terms of features and options:
- When it comes to buying pressure washers, look for make and model that comes with ground fault-interrupter built in the cord.
- Verify the flow rate of the water supply.
- Check to see if the accessories like brushes, tips and nozzle match the type of projects you plan to handle.
- Check thoroughly the pressure washer accessories and other attachment options you are getting with the model. Some attachments and accessories are made for specific projects.
- These attachments should be made to handle a wide range of cleaning jobs.
- If your cleaning demands a lot, consider buying a model that includes Electronic Fuel Injection.
- Consider models with PWMA (Pressure Washer Manufacturers’ Association) logo to ensure you buy certified product.
Besides these considerations, make sure you also go through reviews of the products you are considering buying. This should help you make an informed choice when finding best pressure washers.