How to choose the best pressure washer for your outdoor cleaning needs?
A good pressure washer pump can help you maintain your veranda with ease. These convenient household appliances are 50 times more effective than standard garden hoses-they also require less water and are simple to operate. Also referred to as the power washer, you can use the pump to clean things such as your vehicle, driveway or patio vinyl siding. Below are some factors to consider when looking for the best product:
- Keenly assess your outdoor cleaning requirements – Light jobs include washing garden furniture, cars or small boats while the tougher cleaning jobs involve things like decking, stripping paint and removing concrete stains.
- Choose between a gas-powered and electric model – A power-driven model should always be near an electrical plug for recharging purposes. However, gas-powered versions may be used almost anywhere since they don’t require electricity. Though often louder than the electrical brands, gas pumps have tougher cleaning abilities and are suitable for both light and robust cleaning jobs.
- Decide on whether to use a warm or cold water pressure models – Contrary to the common belief, cold water can give an exceptional wash especially when paired up with some mild detergent. This model is also affordable and simple to maintain. On the other hand, hot water machines clean more exhaustively particularly when dealing with dried-in oil stains. They make use of a special heater attachment unit fueled by diesel or propane, which inevitable hikes up the price tag.
- Determine the overall PSI or ‘pounds per every square inch’ of water pressure power that can take care of all your cleaning needs. Generally, machines with higher PSIs have more powerful pumps. Light routines such as washing the car should be done with appliances of PSI value ranging from 1200-1400, while tougher chores like removing grease from your driveway are best done with machines of 2200-3500 torque.
- Determine the regularity of use – Will your tool be used daily or once a week? A direct drive pressure washer pump is certainly the best machine for light or medium duty chores. Whereas the belt drive version is more appropriate for lengthy, heavy duty tasks averaging at 20hrs or more per week.
- Assess the overall CU or standard cleaning units of your pressure washer – This refers to the rate at which a gallon of water flows per minute through the duct, popularly abbreviated as GPM. Devices with higher CU ratings are far much better in pressure washing than those with low ratios.
Before purchasing your own pressure washer, it’s advisable to lease one from the local home equipment rental facility and test its capabilities. Moreover, give more consideration to branded products than generic ones since they have better warranties and readily available spare parts than the non-branded versions. For safety purposes, avoid pointing the pressurized spray directly to people, pets or fragile items. A pressure pump can cause injury or break windows when used inappropriately.
Types of pressure washers available at Amazon
AR Blue Clean: Model Number AR383
This powerful cold water electric machine is made from aluminum, plastic and copper parts. It also includes a complete accessory kit with foam dispenser, jet nozzle and control gun. Users would also enjoy the automatic safety valve feature that shuts off in case of a power surge.
Campbell Hausfeld PW1825 1800 PSI
This lightweight machine has a universal motor that generates 120 Volts and 14 Amps of power – it is suitable for spraying off grit and grime. The machine is also quiet while in operation with zero emissions.
Powerworks 51102 1700 PSI
This multifunctional induction motor-powered machine features a 35-ft electrical cord, with a sturdy hook and loop strap appliance for easier control. Also available are two integral soap-tanks which provide sufficient storage for detergents and other cleaning adhesives.
Snow Joe SPX3000 2030 PSI
Due to its high torque potential this appliance is suitable for heavy duty cleaning. It features a detergent selection dial, spray wand adjuster and potent 14.5 Amp Watt Motor.
Karcher X-Series Motor 2000PSI Electric Pressure Washer
It has an inventive, patented water-cooler motor which churns more power and delivers longer life. The device delivers 40 times more pressure than a standard garden hose, for tougher jobs attach the DirtBlaster wand to improve the amount of pressure emitted by up to 50 percent.
Generac 6020 2,500 PSI Motor Pressure Washer
The device is powered by an overhead valve parallel-shaft engine that makes it easy to maneuver even working on high ground. Furthermore, the appliance has an efficient low-oil automatic shutdown system that protects and prolongs engine life.
Westinghouse WP2300 Gas-Powered Pressure Washer
Designed for maximum durability and silent operation, this device is suitable for removing mold, grime, loose paint and mud from surfaces like buildings, concrete and vehicles. Despite its all-steel body construction, the WP2300 is lightweight and maneuverable.
Powerstroke PS80519 2200 psi Gas Pressure Washer
The Powerstroke is an ultra-compact frame with 140cc motor and adjustable 40 degree gas nozzles, also available is an onboard hose, wand storage compartment and trigger gun. This product is also PWMA certified.
Stanley 2350PSI 2.3GPM Gas Powered Washer
This device is compact, lightweight and powered by a high-pressure gasoline engine. The patented pump provides more mechanical power, less vibration and advanced product life. Stanley 2350PSI is perfect for medium duty home pressure-cleaning jobs, moreover its compact design makes the product ideal for portable applications plus it can easily be stored in the garage for safety. Also available is a standard control gun and variable spray-wand which intertwining of nozzles.
Dirt Devil Flex Pro 2-in-1 Pressure Washer
This unique pressure washer is built for tough functionality, durability and maximum performance. Being the ultimate cleaning apparatus, it is suitable for both wet and dry cleaning and features accessories such as a high-pressure hose and storage rack. There’s also an in-built vacuum cleaner that can be used to blow off dust before actual cleaning begins. Other features that one would enjoy with the pressure washer pump are a 35-foot power cable with GFCI and a 19-foor hose. When buying a machine for the first time always check whether the dealer has special offers, in some cases Amazon offers free shipping to certain destinations. Those who buy more than one item may also benefit from great price discounts.