The pressure washer calls for some real heavy investments. They are machinery items so they do have the tendency to malfunction. The things which can ensure their longevity, durability and flawless performance over a longer period of time, are to properly clean and maintain them. At the time of purchase, you need to check the reputation of the manufacturer and ease in cleaning and maintaining the product. Also ensure that you get the product with a reasonable warranty.
Things to do before you use a pressure washer:
The maintenance of your pressure washer can be done in two phases. The first phase has a number of steps which are done before you use the system for washing/ cleaning purposes:
- Check the level of fuel and oil in the gasoline type system. To top it up, if needed, but don’t overfill at all. It is important to have a reasonable amount of fuel in the oil tank. Filling it too much would cause a little mess for you, so don’t fill it overly and keep the level as prescribed or desired. Most importantly, you should not be running the pressure washer having little or minimal amount of fuel in it. As it would cause serious pressure over the internal functioning and would cause damage to the various parts of the pressure washer.
- The water inlet screen, which is located near the garden hose connection point, must be checked. You must clean it, if it is found to be clogged or dirty. If only dirty, then flush it with water. If damaged, then replace it. It would help you work properly.
- Make sure that the inline screen in the wand extension isn’t clogged, only if your system has one. Clean it using clear water and replace it, if damaged.
- The spray tip, spray gun and the wand extension must also be inspected. You must be sure that all the connections are securely made which also includes the high pressure hose connection.
- The trigger lock and the trigger of the spray gun must be tested. They should be replaced in case of any malfunctioning.
- You must check the high pressure hose, if it has any cuts, bulge, abrasion or leaks. Don’t repair it if damaged. You should just replace it straight away. It is because when you have a hose in a damaged condition, there are chances that the pressure created would not work as expected and also it can cause problems while working.
Maintenance after using the pressure washer:
Several things need to be done after the pressure washer system is used. The following are some crucial maintenance steps that you need to perform after every use of the pressure washer system:
- The detergent must be rinsed off from the tank of the pressure washer. The tube of the detergent must be removed from the supply tank and set the system at low pressure. For rinsing the detergent, just run it with water for a couple of minutes.
- In the next step, you need to relieve the pressure created in the machine. For this purpose, the water supply and the system must be turned off. Point the spray gun in a safe direction and just activate it until you see all the ware drained out. The trigger lock must be used here.
- After this point, you need to cool down the pressure washer system before storing it in any safe place. Never try to store it without letting it cool down as it would be harmful to the machine itself as well as the things around it.
- Disconnect all the connections, including the spray gun, garden hose, high pressure hose and the wand extension. Make sure that you drain the water present in them after making the disconnections.
- Finally, just clean off all the equipment from any debris and store it at a safe location.
All these steps and precautionary measurements would be helpful in maintaining the pressure washer for a long period of time and also work perfectly for the tasks you need to work through. The efficiency would not decrease with time and you will find yourself able enough to use it easily without any problems or dangers.
Top 3 Best Pressure Washer Comparison