As the name clears all doubt, pressure washers are units that expel water with a lot of pressure. These are ideal for cleaning and getting rid of otherwise stubborn dirt and grime deposits. They find applications at homes, industries and also offices. There are numerous different types of pressure washers today based on their functioning and usage. They come in various shapes and sizes for you to pick from. You could either buy pressure washers or rent them but either way, it’d be a bad choice to invest based on your guesswork. Instead, you should learn about the various types available so that you can make the right choice. Your choice should depend upon the kind of dirt you are dealing with and the surfaces along with the purpose.
Various Types of Pressure Washers
- Cold Water Pressure Washers: These washers use detergents, cleaning solutions and chemicals along with cold water to get rid of grit and dirt from your outdoor patios and pool decks. However, if you are dealing with oil stains and grease stains such as those on your driveways and auto garages, these washers are not appropriate.
- Hot Water Pressure Washers: These work more efficiently than their cold water counterparts and are very quick in loosening dirt. They are quite powerful and some models don’t even require detergents. The fuel used to heat the water up could be kerosene or diesel. They work on batteries to function and can get rid of oil and grease stains.
- Electric Pressure Washers: If the surface to clean is small or if you are looking for a pressure washer to clean indoors, you should go for these types of pressure washers. They are also ideal for small sized outdoor tables and car grills. Because of their small size, electric pressure washers are easy to maneuver. Another great thing is their cost. They are inexpensive when compared to pressure washers that work on gasoline.
- Gasoline-Powered Pressure Washers: These are excellent for pool decks, sidewalks, walls, patios, outdoor decks and other larger surfaces. They are highly powerful and professional. They are heavy and difficult to manevuer and are used by pros. However, there are also smaller cleaners available today.
- Built-in Detergent Tank: These are literally like tanks and are very difficult to maneuver. They are usually electrical and some models have dual built-in tanks.
- External Detergent Tank: These are easy to use but you need an external tank for it. They are ideal for use at homes and are affordable. These are again usually electrical.
There are many different manufacturers of different types of pressure washers today such as the Excell pressure washer. You can pick a brand that is reputed and trustworthy to get the best. Be sure to speak to the product representative as to the maintenance of the pressure washer that you will purchase so you’ll know what to do.